In a constantly evolving energy industry, companies are often required to scale down their activities rapidly while at the same time maintaining high quality standards. Spemocean strives to help Energy Companies optimize its efficiency through the provision of services from Field Discovery, Assessment, Development, Production down to Field Relinquishment. Spemocean will provide a team of readily available energy professional to work closely together with our esteemed clients to understand their demands during such challenging market.
Team of Experts
We deliver worldwide across different sectors to an award-winning standard. Our team of experts have a vast of experience with the global nature of drilling, shipping and maritime industries and the demands of technical manpower. We provide manning and complete outsourcing services available for all class of vessels and covering all steps / stages of an oil or gas field development project.
Oil and gas are trapped in reservoir rocks buried underground (on shore/ off shore), To locate hydrocarbon accumulation, geoscientists analyze images of the earth’s subsurface produced by seismic echography. They build a model of geological layering of the subsurface, and then identify potential reservoirs called «prospects». Exploration wells need to be drilled to check if the identified prospect does indeed contain hydrocarbons. These wells are typically several kilometers deep.
Once discovery has been confirmed, 3D numerical reservoir simulation models are built:
- To estimate the initial volume of oil and gas in the reservoir,
- To simulate the reservoir fluid flow behavior and optimize the field development scenario (number, type and location of wells, level of field production, etc…).
Appraisal wells are drilled to improve the field description through further data acquisition.
A field development plan establishes the following:
- the number of wells to be drilled to reach production objectives,
- the recovery techniques to be used to extract the fluids within the reservoir,
- the type and cost of installations, such as platforms, depending on the marine environment,
- the separation systems for gas and fluids,
- the treatment systems needed to preserve the environment.
Rotary drilling is the most widespread drilling technique and has been constantly upgraded: deviated wells, horizontal wells and, more recently, multi- drain wells. Those new technologies allow to mitigate the surface foot print of the project and to increase well productivity.
The time period over which hydrocarbons may be extracted varies between 15 to 30 years and may be extended up to 50 years or more for giant fields.
The lifetime of a reservoir is composed of different successive phases:
- a period of production increase,
- a stabilization phase or plateau,
- injection phases (water, gas or chemical products) to «assist» the hydrocarbon recovery and thus maintain a satisfactory volume of produced resources,
- the depletion period when hydrocarbon production declines progressively.
Significant technological developments have been recently made in exploration and production deep offshore (more than 1000 m water depth). Many wells have already been drilled in this range of depth but producing deep offshore fields r emains particularly complex and expensive and still represents, today, a technological challenge.
When the hydrocarbon production rate becomes non economical, the reservoir is abandoned.
Before abandoning the field, the oil companies:
- dismantle facilities such as platforms,
- put the well in a safe state,
- preserve the field’s residual hydrocarbon
Tools and equipment (Acquisition and rental)
Spemocean is not only delivering team of experts but also offer the industry a range of complete line of drilling tools and equipment and when the economics of a drilling plan call for equipment rental, Spemocean with the leading tools and equipment supplier is here to support to ensure an efficient and cost-effective operations in a variety of requirements.